Discussion Meeting on ``Causally Open Systems''
Venue: PPISR campus, Bidlur, Greater Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As part of activity under the aegis of
the Center for Foundational Study (CFS), PPISR,
a one-day meeting on the broad theme of "causally open systems"
covering from a physics perspective
topics such as decoherence, causality, entropy, but
also including more open-ended subjects such as free will,
consciousness & its relation to
the description of the interface between consciousness and
the material world.
Date: July 21, 2018
Sponsored by: Admar Mutt Educational Foundation (AMEF)
- HH Shri Vishwapriya Theertha Swamiji, Udupi Shri Admar Mutt
- HH Shri Eeshapriya Theertha Swamiji, Udupi Shri Admar Mutt
- Prof. A. B. Halgeri, Director, PPISR
- Prof. K. Srihari, Secretary, AMEF
- Prof. R. Srikanth, Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Prof. Sujit Sarkar, Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Prof. U. Ramagopal, Biological Sciences Division, PPISR
Prof. Ganesh Sundaram, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (deemed
University), Amritapuri, India
Prof. Nithin Nagaraj, NIAS, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Prof. Vivek Narayanan, Rochester Inst. of Technology,
Rochester, NY, USA
- Dr. S. Aravinda, Matscience, Chennai, India
- Mr. Rahul Sharma, , Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Mr. Ranjith Kumar, , Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Mr. U. Shrikant, , Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Mr. Y. R. Kartik, , Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- Mr. N. Vinod Rao, , Theoretical Sciences Division, PPISR
- 10:45 am: Arrival and tea
- 11 am: Welcome address by Prof. A. B. Halgeri, Director, PPISR.
- 11:15 am --12:00 noon: Prof Nithin Nagaraj: "Causality Testing - Practical Approaches & Challenges"
- 12:00 -- 12:45 pm: Prof. Vivek Narayanan: "Consciousness in the Universe and Copernican principle of mediocrity"
- 12:45 -- 2:00 pm: Lunch
- 2:00 -- 2:45 pm: Prof. R. Srikanth: "A Semiotic Approach to
Causality and Consciousness in Vedantic Philosophy"
- 2:45 -- 3:30 pm: Panel Discussion headed by Prof. Ganesh S. on "The Importance
of and Challenges
in integrating Science and Consciousness Studies"
- 3:30 -- 4:00 pm: Tea break
- 4:00 -- 4:15 pm: Tree (sapling) planting
- 4:15 -- 4:30 pm: Departure